Show Your Support for the Fight Against Breast Cancer
The City of Gainesville is teaming up with WCA of Florida to highlight Breast Cancer Awareness Month this October by offering residents a unique opportunity to show their support for the fight against breast cancer. For an annual donation of $50 or more to the American Cancer Society, residents can obtain a pink trash cart with the ribbon logo on the side to replace their current black trash cart at home. By participating in the "Roll Breast Cancer to the Curb" Pink Cart Program you’ll not only be funding research for a cure, but you’ll also be helping to raise breast cancer awareness by displaying your pink cart at your curb each week all year.
This "Roll Breast Cancer to the Curb" program is only available to residential customers of the City of Gainesville. If you live outside the City of Gainesville limits, please contact your waste collection service provider for information on their programs.
How to participate?
1) First, make your donation of $50 or more online to the American Cancer Society. Be sure to type in “City of Gainesville” in the search bar and then select “City of Gainesville – Team: Roll Breast Cancer to the Curb – Event: Making Strides of Gainesville”. See example below:
2) Next, complete the Pink Cart Request Form online.
Online Pink Cart Request Form
3) Then, be sure to set your current trash cart out each week on your scheduled collection days, so that delivery crews will be able exchange your current cart for a pink cart.
- > Deliveries are generally completed within 2 to 4 weeks; however, due to inventory delays, some deliveries may take longer to complete.
- > Donations must be confirmed prior to the delivery of your pink cart.
- > Pink carts are not available in the 20-gallon sized cart, as the manufacturer of the pink carts doesn’t make this size cart.
- > Donations made to the American Cancer Society by residents not eligible for this program cannot be refunded by the City of Gainesville.
Everyone has an important part to play in battling breast cancer from funding research, to reminding those we love to get screened, to scheduling personal appointments to get checked. The American Cancer Society is on a mission to free the world from cancer so that we all can live longer and better.
For more information on the City of Gainesville’s Pink Cart program, call 352-334-2330 or email email@example.com. This program is sponsored annually by the City of Gainesville and WCA of Florida.