Electronics Recycling (E-scrap or E-waste)
Unwanted electronics items often contain a variety of substances that are potentially harmful to our health and environment. By recycling and properly disposing of electronic waste, you can prevent the accidental release of these substances. Common toxic materials found in electronics include - Arsenic, Barium, Beryllium, Cadmium, Chromium, Dioxins, Phosphorus, Lead, Lithium, Mercury, Selenium, and Silver.
Drop-off Options of Electronics
Residents in the City of Gainesville and Alachua County can take their unwanted electronics for recycling to the Alachua County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center.
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center
Curbside Collection of Electronics
Electronics can be collected by appointment for homes serviced through the City of Gainesville's Residential Curbside Program. There is no additional cost for this collection service.
Electronic Materials Accepted for Collection
- ✅ Televisions & Computer Monitors
- ✅ Desktop a& Laptop Computers
- ✅ Keyboards, Mice & Cords
- ✅ Printers, Scanners & Fax Machines
- ✅ Video Game Systems
- ✅ CR & DVD players
- ✅ Telephones & Answering Machines
- ✅ Electric Power Tools (❌ NO gas engine items)
- ✅ Stereos, Radios & Tape Recorders
Guidelines for Setting Out Electronics For Collection
- > Submit your electronics recycling collection appointment request by no later than 9 a.m. the day before your regular trash collection day.
- ✅ To submit your electronics recycling collection appointment request, call (352) 334-2330 or complete the online request form at the bottom of this page.
- ✅ Place your electronics curbside for collection by 7 a.m. on your regular trash collection day.
- ✅ Allow at least 4 feet of clearance between your trash cart and any electronics set out for collection.
- ✅ Keep electronics separate from any bulk items set out for collection.
- > Electronic item appointments should be completed on your regular scheduled service day (same day as your trash day); however, some items may require additional handling and a return collection visit the following day.
Appointment requests made after 9 a.m. the day before your regular collection day will occur the following week.