The City’s goal is to provide a safe, convenient, efficient, continuous, and aesthetically pleasing transportation environment that is conducive to cycling and walking. The City of Gainesville Bicycle/Pedestrian Program seeks to facilitate the use of these alternative modes of transportation by focusing on infrastructure enhancements, safety and outreach.Click here for a timeline history of the Bicycle/Pedestrian Program
Metcalfe Morning Mile-
Metcalfe (Elementary) Morning Mile - MMM:
- Promotes health and positive habits.
- M-F 7:00 AM – 7:45 AM thru December 2019
- 7:00 AM Arrive at site, sign in and prepare for students (gather supplies, log sheet, lap counters, radio for music).
- 7:15 AM – 7:30 AM Students walk/run laps. Volunteers track laps and encourage students.
- 7:30 AM Students report out for class. Volunteers tally laps for log book w/ safety patrols.
- 7:30 AM – 7:45 AM Volunteers put away supplies and leave for day.
- 5 miles allow students to earn a token “sneaker charm” for the MMM necklace.
- Once approved via the process below, confirm your date(s) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete and submit the Alachua County Public Schools background check (no cost) & Volunteer Form: bit.ly/ACPSapp (normal approval within 72 hours)
- Questions for the school board volunteer process 352-955-7250 x252
- Scan driver’s license for school entry via the Raptor system in front office
- Metcalfe Elementary 1250 NE 18th Avenue, Gainesville, FL. 32609. 352-955-6713. https://www.sbac.edu/metcalfe
Last updated 10/23/2019 D.T.B.
Request An Event