07/02/20 - Due to the increase of COVID-19 cases, our offices have closed to the public. Our main goal is to continue to mitigate any potential spread of COVID-19 to our coworkers and neighbors.The Department of Sustainable Development will continue to work remotely and advise that any questions or concerns be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call our office at 352-334-5023 and leave a message. We will respond to your message as quickly as possible.
Our department's mission is to foster a dynamic, attractive and economically healthy city that is safe, diverse and livable for all. The Planning Division works to: Increase community livability and quality of life through the Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Regulations
- Increase community livability and quality of life through the Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Regulations
- Encourage development that incorporates quality urban design and protection of historic and natural resources
- Foster community dialogue and understanding of planning issues
- Ensure that development standards of the community are met with each development
- Collaborate with other agencies on planning issues
Have a question?