We offer several options to make it a great week for kids, and convenient for busy parents. Our day camps are in conjunction with Alachua School Board calendar.
For information please call 352-334-5067.
Out of School Days (for children in 1st through 8th grades)
The Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department offers all day activities for days the schools are closed during the period of Friday, October 8, 2021 through Monday, March 28, 2022 (reflective of the SBAC School Calendar for 2021-2022). Registration is open, in person or online.
Times are 7 a.m.- 6 p.m. on the following dates:
- Friday, October 8, 2021 (UF Homecoming)
- Friday, October 15, 2021 (Teacher Workday)
- Monday, November 22, 2021 (Thanksgiving Week)
- Tuesday, November 23, 2021 (Thanksgiving Week)
- Monday, December 20, 2021 (Winter Break)
- Tuesday, December 21, 2021 (Winter Break)
- Wednesday, December 22, 2021 (Winter Break)
- Monday, January 3, 2022 (Teacher Workday)
- Friday, January 14, 2022 (Teacher Workday)
- Monday, February 21, 2022 (President’s Day)
- Monday, March 28, 2022 (Teacher Workday)
Fees per day: $6.50* for city residents, $10.25 for non-city residents. Prices as of Oct. 1, 2021.
*Proof of residency required (GRU bill or voter registration).
Download and complete the Registration Form
- Albert “Ray” Massey Recreation Center, 1001 NW 34th Street, 352-334-2186.
- Eastside Community Center, 2841 E. University Avenue, 352-334-2714.
Out of School Days will provide a safe and enjoyable environment for children in 1st through 8th grades to build lasting experiences. The program will enhance the children’s physical, social and mental awareness by providing sustainable healthy lifestyle lessons and building positive character development through learning teamwork and creating art projects together.
Our dedicated staff is committed to keeping children safe while they learn and have fun!
We offer themed camps based on school breaks throughout the year. Winter Break and Spring Break Camp prices are $58.00* for residents, $97.25 for non-city residents. Prices effective Oct. 1, 2021. Proof of residency is required.
Winter Break Camp:
December 27, 2021 through December 30, 2021
(4 days total)
Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.