Foundations After-School Academy
Online registration is open!
Register by phone 352-334-5067 from Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Offices are still closed and in-person registration is not available at this time.
Important: Please note, we’ve made many adjustments to the dates of the program based on the newly adopted SBAC calendar. Last day of the after-school program has been extended until, Wednesday, June 16, 2021.
Please note, there is no after-school program on city-recognized holidays.
We are pleased to offer this fun-filled, educational program for children who are in 1st–8th grade. The program utilizes curriculum assistance from the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) to increase nutrition awareness and physical fitness, and to replace sugary drinks with healthier choices. Participants will be involved in various life-long recreational and educational activities, such as tutoring, tennis, arts/crafts, basketball, board games, bowling, volunteerism, citizenship and more. Transportation is not provided for this program.
Offered at the following locations:
- Albert “Ray” Massey Recreation Center, 1001 NW 34th Street, 352-334-2186
- Eastside Community Center, 2841 East University Avenue, 352-334-2714
- Phoenix Community Center, 3113-B SW 26th Drive, 352-240-6179. Child must reside in the Phoenix Neighborhood.
- Porters Community Center, 512 SW 2nd Avenue, 352-334-3366
Program Hours: Monday–Friday, 2–6 p.m.
Weekly Fees (effective Oct. 1, 2019): City residents*: $19.50, Non-city residents: $29. *Proof of residency (GRU bill or voter ID card) is required at the time of registration.
Full scholarships are available for families that qualify through the School Board of Alachua County (SBAC) for free or reduced lunch. Families can also qualify through the City of Gainesville Family Application for Reduced Fees. You can request proof of free or reduced lunch through your child’s school by calling the SBAC’s Food Service Office at 352-955-7539 (ext 1569). You can also provide us with the most recent "Notice of Case Action" letter from DCF or bring the last four weeks of pay-stubs for the household to qualify.
For additional information, please contact our Administrative Office (Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.) by email, phone us at 352-334-5067 or visit us in person at the Thomas Center (306 NE Sixth Ave.), Bldg B, 3rd Floor.
Foundations Academy does not provide the after-school program on the following dates:
- Labor Day: Monday, September 7, 2020
- Teacher Workday: Friday, November 6, 2020
- Veteran's Day: Wednesday, November 11, 2020
- Thanksgiving Day: Thursday, November 26, 2020
- Day after Thanksgiving: Friday, November 27, 2020
- Christmas Break: Monday, December 21, 2020 through Thursday, December 31st, 2020
- New Year’s Day: Friday, January 1, 2021
- Martin Luther King, Jr Holiday: Monday, January 18, 2021
- Teacher Workday: Friday, January 29, 2021
- President’s Day: Monday, February 15, 2021
- Spring Break: Monday, March 22 through Friday, March 26, 2021
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 31, 2020
In addition to our after-school program, we offer our “Out of School Day Program”, “Winter Break Camp” and “Spring Break Camp”. You must register separately for these programs, fees apply.
Please note: These programs are only offered at two sites, Albert "Ray" Massey (Westside) Recreation Center and Eastside Community Center.
Dates are subject to change according to SBAC’s revised schedule which is pending.
The Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department offers themed camps based on school breaks throughout the year. Winter Break and Spring Break Camp prices are $55.25* for residents and $82.50 for non-city residents. Proof of residency required. There are no scholarships offered for these camps. Prices effective Oct. 1, 2019.
Winter Break Camp (covers two calendar weeks, offers 7 days of camp)
Week One: Monday, December 21 through Wednesday, December 23, 2020
Week Two: Monday, December 28 through Thursday, December 31, 2020
Spring Break Camp: Monday, March 22 through Friday, March 26, 2021