An Internship with the City of Gainesville’s Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs department (PRCA) provides stellar opportunities for anyone wanting to be part of a forward-looking, innovative, people-centered and dynamic professional organization committed to the people we serve. Our Program builds on your curriculum to provide you with relevant, resume-building experiences! Each year, our dedicated volunteers contribute hundreds of hours of their time to:
Administration ♦ Aquatics and Athletics ♦ Environmental Education at Morningside Nature Center and Living History Farm ♦ Clean-up our natural areas and creeks ♦ Development (grants and sponsorships) ♦ Hospitality ♦ Ironwood Golf Course Operations ♦ Marketing ♦ Performing and Visual Arts ♦ Special Events
Without them, we couldn’t do what we do. Because we have many diverse sites and provide such a wealth of programs, we can work with more than one student each semester, adding to the positive, affirming atmosphere PRCA prides itself on.
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs where you can experience a career-building internship that is significant, stimulating and FUN! Interested in volunteering?
- Fill out our Volunteer Services Application and Agreement form and email to PRCAvolunteer@cityofgainesville.org.
- Start your confidential background check only AFTER you have met with staff and agreed on an assignment.
- We will review your application and may contact you to discuss options.
- Questions? Please call us at (352) 393-8335.
- Specific training is provided for your assignments
We hope to see you soon!