Registration closes Monday, Nov. 29. No registrations are accepted after this date. Please be sure to have all documents. Your child will not be registered if you do not have a birth certificate or a PAYS certificate. To obtain the PAYS certificate, an online course must be completed. Please see below for detailed instructions.
Youth Coed Basketball = Sportsmanship + Character! All kids play and it’s fun for everyone! Practices take place at the Martin Luther King Jr. Multipurpose Center. Games begin in January and take place in Alachua County and the surrounding areas.
Registration opens for residents only on Friday, Oct. 1. For non-residents, registration opens on Friday, Oct. 8, 2021, and closes Monday, Nov. 29. No registrations are accepted after this date. Please see the dropdown sections below for detailed registration forms.
There are limited spaces available! Register early because teams fill quickly.
The registration fees:
- 5-6-year-olds: city residents $78.75, non-city residents $116.50
- 7-14-year-olds: city residents $99.75, non-city residents $150.50
*Proof of residency (GRU bill or voter ID card) is required for city residents. Prices effective October 1, 2021. $15 Off Scholarships are available for families that are directly certified through the School Board of Alachua County (SBAC) for free or reduced lunch. You can request proof of free or reduced lunch by calling the SBAC’s Food Service Office at 352-955-7539 ext. 1569.
Register in person at the PRCA Administrative Office located at Thomas Center Building B, 3rd Floor, 306 NE Sixth Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32601; Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. -5 p.m. Spots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. BRING BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND PAYS CERTIFICATE or you will not be registered.
Important Dates—all at Martin Luther King Jr. Multipurpose Center (MLK), on 1028 NE 14th Street:
- Registration opens Friday, October 1
- Registration closes Monday, November 29, 2021; no registrations are accepted after this date.
- Parent meetings: Will be held on the first practice day for your team
- Practice starts the week of Monday, December 13. Not every team will begin practice the same day.
- Player evaluations:
- Wednesday, December 8 for kids ages 5-6 at 6 p.m.; ages 7-8 at 7 p.m.; and ages 9-10 at 8 p.m.
- Thursday, December 9 for kids ages 11-12 at 6 pm; ages 13-14 at 7 pm; and make-up evaluation for all ages at 8 p.m.
- Games start: Saturday, January 8, 2022
- Season ends: Saturday, February 26, 2022
Free Skills Clinics at MLK, clinics are 6–8 pm. Learn from Eastside High School coaching staff!
- Monday, December 6: Ages 10 & under
- Tuesday, December 7: Ages 11–14
All players will be evaluated and assigned a team. Placement will be determined through the mandatory evaluations. We do not accept requests for specific coaches. See you on the court!