Start Smart Sports Development Program was developed by top motor skill development specialists in the field of youth sports. Parent-child groups perform motor skill tasks that gradually build confidence in children while they are having fun at the same time.
Start Smart participants will develop proper motor skills without the threat of competition or the fear of getting hurt that will allow them to enjoy and succeed in their youth sports future!
Start Smart Basketball
will help parents of preschoolers 3-5 years old objectively measure their childs' abilities. As the program progresses and children show improvement, the skills and exercises are altered so that each child remains challenged while using age appropriate equipment. They will learn concepts and skills including: sport specific basketball skills, preparation for organized sports, building self-esteem and confidence, and social skills.
- Mondays in October and November!
October 25, 2021
November 1, 2021
November 8, 2021
November 15, 2021
November 22, 2021
November 29, 2021
Times: 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Location: Martin Luther King Jr Multipurpose Center, 1028 NE 14 Street, Gainesville, FL 32601
Registration Fees (include basketball, t-shirt and medal)
$45 per child (resident), *Proof of residency required
$67.50 per child (non-resident)
For more information contact: 352-334-5067, email@example.com
COVID Safety Precautions and Expectations for Families
- All staff and participants are required to complete a health screening including a temperature scan prior to entering the program area for each session.
- Participants with a temperature above 100.4 or any other signs or symptoms of illness will not be permitted to attend the program.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Masks will be provided for and will be required to be worn during the program for all staff.
- Masks will be available for and will be required to be worn during the program for all participants (including parents/guardians).
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Staff will sanitize surfaces, equipment and high touch areas after each session.