The Office of Equity and Inclusion aspires to help create and sustain a city-wide culture that understands that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to the City’s mission and strategic direction.
We will serve as a change agent to shape the City of Gainesville’s future to one where all Community Builders and Neighbors can fully realize their potential.
Our office provides expertise, tools, data and programming to promote diversity, equity and inclusion.
We drive cultural transformation through education, policy development and guidance, the celebration of diversity, and fair and objective responses to complaints and concerns.
Each member of our team approaches our work with the heart of a public servant. We are dedicated to fostering an environment of transparency, equity, integrity, and accountability.
- Increase education and awareness of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Enhance policy development using an equity lens.
- Expand outreach to include more small, minority and women business owners.
- Provide timely, fair and objective responses to complaints and concerns.
Sylvia D. Warren, Acting Director
Ben Howort, Diversity and Inclusion Manager
Shakayla Birch, Compliance Investigator
Innocent Umoinyang, Compliance Investigator
Gilbert S. Means Jr., Office Coordinator
Nia Davis, Equity Specialists
- Crystal Carr, Staff Specialist