City of Gainesville Housing Action Plan Draft Telephone Town Hall
The City of Gainesville is hosting a telephone town hall Monday, Nov. 16 at 7:15 p.m. to present a final draft of the City of Gainesville Housing Action Plan to neighbors and take their questions about affordable housing strategies outlined in the plan.
Speakers for the telephone town hall event include:
- Anne Ray, University of Florida Shimberg Center for Housing Studies
- Blaise Denton and Ashon Nesbitt, Florida Housing Coalition
- Assistant City Manager Deborah Bowie, City of Gainesville
- City Manager Lee Feldman, City of Gainesville
- Sustainable Development Director Andrew Persons, City of Gainesville
They will present an overview of the housing plan draft as well as these strategies to expand housing affordability in Gainesville:
- Creating a Community Land Trust;
- Forming partnerships with area employers to create an employer-assisted housing program that supports workforce housing for low- and moderate-income residents;
- Creating an inventory of public, institutional and underutilized land suitable for affordable housing.
The final draft of the City of Gainesville Housing Action Plan is available for review online.
Neighbors with landlines who would like to receive an automated call back at the time of the event should register in advance online. Please note, registration closes three hours before the start of the town hall.
At the time of the event, callers may dial in at 1-888-410-3427 to ask questions, share comments or simply listen in. Spanish speakers are invited to call 1-844-881-1317.