Important Information Regarding Booted or Towed Vehicles and Vehicle Registration Releases
If your vehicle is currently booted or has been towed or has vehicle registration hold placed on it, you must make payment for all outstanding citations in cash only at City Hall, 200 E University Avenue, 1st Floor.
Paying Your Citation – General Information:
- Failure to respond within 7 (seven) calendar days of the date and time of the citation will result in additional costs as outlined below and may result in the immobilization or impoundment of the vehicle together with associated charges and expenses:
- Weekends and holidays are included in the 7 days.
- If the fine is not contested within 7 days, or paid within 30 days, late fees will be added.
- After 30 days, an additional $16.00 late fee will be added.
- When the payment is processed, records at the City of Gainesville and the Department of Motor Vehicles will be updated accordingly and the citations will be marked as paid.
- Payments for booted or towed vehicles must be in cash at City Hall, 200 E University Avenue, 1st Floor (8 a.m.-5 p.m. on M, T, Th and F and from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on W).
- If your car was booted or towed or if your tag has a hold on it for unpaid citations, please click here.
- This service is only for City of Gainesville issued parking citations only and does not apply to other City of Gainesville citations or for parking citations issued by the University of Florida or other law enforcement agencies.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Paying Your Citation Online:
- Pay online at https://gainesvillecitations.rmcpay.com/
- Computer generated tickets are generally available online within 15 minutes. Hand written tickets on yellow paper may not be available to view online for up to three business days.
- Major credit cards are the only payment accepted online.
- Payment for boot releases, tow releases and tag holds due to unpaid citations may NOT be paid online. Any such payments will be cancelled and payment will be required as outlined below.
Paying Your Citation in Person:
- Payments are accepted at City Hall, 200 E University Avenue, 1st Floor on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., excluding holidays.
Paying Your Citation by Mail:
- Payment by check or money order may be mailed to: PO Box 490, Station 45; Gainesville, FL 32627
Contest Your Citation:
- The City of Gainesville Code of Ordinances provides for waiving of the fee for the following reasons only:
- Malfunctioning meter;
- Valid and verifiable emergencies;
- Government employees on verified official business (when initially legally parked);
- City volunteers detained due to verified volunteer duties; and
- Error in issuance of citation when affidavit is properly filed.
- Forms and instructions are located in person at the Police Administration Building, 545 NW Eighth Ave. or online.
- Form must be submitted within 7 calendar days of issuance of the citation. The 7 day response period includes weekends and holidays. Failure to respond within 7 calendar days of the date of the citation will result in a waiver of your rights to file an affidavit of explanation contesting the violation, a waiver of your rights to request a judicial hearing and the assessment of late fees.
- Please call 352-334-5025 (from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on M, T, Th and F and from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on W) excluding holidays, and we will be happy to assist you.
Special Circumstances – Releases of Boots, Tows & Held Tags
- Payment for any of these releases that are made using the online portal will be cancelled due to a large number of returned items. The City of Gainesville is not responsible for the time it takes for the cancelled transaction to be credited to your account.
- Payment for boot releases must be made within 24 hours of boot placement and must be made in cash at City Hall, 200 E University Avenue, 1st Floor (8 a.m.-5 p.m. on M, T, Th and F and from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on W).
- Payment for tow releases must be made by phone using a VISA or MasterCard by calling 352-334-5025.
- Payment to release a hold on your tag for unpaid citations must be made in cash at City Hall, 200 E University Avenue, 1st Floor (8 a.m.-5 p.m. on M, T, Th and F and from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on W).