Please note, the COVID Relief Fund is only open to those living within Gainesville's city limits, so please check your address using the map below before applying. If your address says "unincorporated," you are not in Gainesville's city limits and are not eligible for this grant. Please visit the Alachua County website for information on their COVID Relief program.
The deadline to apply has been extended to Friday, Dec. 18.
Important things to know
- There is no specific application for mortgage/rent assistance. Use the utility assistance application to request mortgage/rent funding support on question 24. Uploading a rent/mortgage statement or letter from your landlord in the online application will serve as an indicator that you are requesting rent/utility assistance.
- If you are encountering issues with ZoomGrants, you may fill out a paper application and self-certification form. Please email your completed paper application to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have any questions. 1
- Make sure you hit “submit.” You will receive an acknowledgement of submission if your application is appropriately submitted. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please check to ensure you hit submit.
- Be patient. If you received a confirmation email, we have your application. If additional information is required, we will reach out to you. We are currently processing hundreds of applications.
- Is it the city or county? Only city residents are eligible to apply for the city’s Coronavirus Relief Funding (check your address). The county has a similar program that covers Gainesville and the unincorporated areas of Alachua County. City of Gainesville residents may not seek assistance from both the county and the city for the same expenses. Be sure when inquiring about your application status you are checking with the correct entity.
*Dec. 15, 2020 UPDATE: The deadline has been extended to Friday, Dec. 18, 2020.
*Dec. 4, 2020 UPDATE: The program has been expanded to include rent or mortgage assistance.
The deadline to apply for financial assistance is Tuesday, Dec. 15. Application assistance is available by calling 211. For more information, call 352-393-8617 or email email@example.com.
As required by the State of Florida, funds must be expended by Dec. 30. CRF assistance is authorized through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Securities (CARES) Act.
Please note: click on utilities assistance to apply for utilities and/or rent/mortgage assistance. There is only one application.
Sept. 15 update: The City of Gainesville has launched a new Coronavirus Relief Fund, expanding local relief and recovery efforts through direct assistance to neighbors negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The online application process will remain open until Dec. 15, 2020.
The CRF assistance program is designed to provide temporary financial assistance to Gainesville neighbors in extremely low-, very low- and low-and-moderate-income households through utility payments for energy, water, cable, telephone and internet services.
Program eligibility is determined based on proof of income and lost wages as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The financial assistance will be paid directly to the mortgage company, landlord or utility service provider on behalf of the applicant.