**By using this portal, you acknowledge that you are applying for a City neighborhood parking decal. You will complete the information and submit the required documentation BEFORE you are allowed to purchase the decal. Once your information has been verified, you will be notified by e-mail that you can then purchase the decal. The decal will be ready the following business day for pickup or to be mailed. THE CITY OF GAINESVILLE DOES NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TIME THIS PROCESS MAY TAKE. Application for a decal and/or a payment receipt will not substitute for a valid parking decal and you may be ticketed for not having a decal.**
All one-year decals are sold on a fiscal year basis: October 1, 2017-September 30, 2018.
Three year homeowner decals will expire September 30, 2020.
Renters, Fraternity/Sorority, Homeowner w/o Homestead Exemption
- Decals in Zone 1, 2, 5, & 10 are $110.25 per decal (subject to change)
- Decals in all other Zones are $55.25 per decal (subject to change)
Homeowners w/ Homestead Exemption
- Decals in all Zones are $22.00 for a fiscal year or $66.25 for three fiscal years (subject to change).
THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR DECALS PURCHASED IN ERROR.
You are responsible for the following information:
- The website only sells residential parking decals. Parking permits for businesses, visitors, and meal decals for Fraternity/Sorority members must be purchased at City Hall, 200 E University Avenue, 3rd Floor. Decal office hours for these permits are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays.
- If you would like your decal mailed to you, please make sure you indicate this when you are applying/paying for your decal. If you live in a Fraternity/Sorority, Infinity Hall, or a rooming house, it is not recommended that you have the decal mailed. Decals ordered online will be available for pick up the business day after payment is made starting at 8:00 a.m. Decals that are mailed will be mailed the business day after payment is made and will only be sent to the resident’s address.
- If you purchase your decal in person, you will need to bring the required proof of residency, your driver license, and vehicle registration. Click here for an explanation of what you must provide.
- There is a single grace period when neighborhood parking decals aren’t required from July 15th through August 31st each year. Residents are responsible for making sure a valid decal is on the vehicle before the end of the grace period. Decal enforcement begins on September 1st each year. During the grace period, parking enforcement will continue to issue citations for all other parking violations.
- All decals are both Zone and vehicle specific. Please affix your decal directly to the lower driver’s side windshield (from inside the vehicle). If a decal is not properly affixed, then the decal will be revoked and a citation will be issued. Decals are issued to the license plate. If the license plate number does not match the number in the system, the decal will be revoked. Additional administrative fees may be assessed, if a decal is revoked. Residents must call (352) 334-5024 to update license plate or new vehicle information. Decals are non-transferable; do not move a decal from one vehicle to another. This will result in the decal being revoked and a citation being issued.
- A map of the decal area can be found at: http://gvilleparking.com/locations-rates#decals. The map is for reference only; check the signs where you park to make sure you are in the correct Zone.
- Internet Explorer version 6.0 and later must be used to purchase decals. Do not use any other web browsers. Using a different browser may result in a block that prevents you from applying for a decal for 24 hours.
Apply for Parking Decal Online