The Gainesville Land Development Code requires mitigation for each regulated tree removed. The size (diameter), species, and condition of the tree, as well as the land use and where on the property the tree is located, will determine the mitigation. Mitigation trees must be nursery-grown, 2” ±0.5” in diameter, and Florida Nursery Grade #1. Please see “Sec. 30-8.7” Permits for Tree Removal; Mitigation” for more details. The “Gainesville Tree List” provides the species that are approved for mitigation and is available upon request.
- Tree Removal Permit (to download, print and complete by hand) Permits can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- List of Planned Developments
- Sec. 30-8.7; Permits for Tree Removal; Mitigation
- Sec. 30-8.8; Tree Preservation During Development and Construction
- Sec. 30-8.10; Gainesville Tree List
- Sec. 30-8.44; Violations, Enforcement and Penalty
- Sec. 13-171; Insects, Outdoor Storage, Trash, and Yard Maintenance (Hazardous Trees)
- Sec. 30-2.1 Definitions
Questions? Please reach us at:
Phone: (352) 393-8171
Location: Public Works Administration Building - 405 NW 39th AVE, Gainesville, FL 32609