The Tree Advisory Board was formed in 1990 to advocate for Gainesville’s Urban Forest. Comprised of five members, four of whom must have expertise in urban forestry, they have advised the City Commission on many important issues.
The duties of the tree advisory board shall include:
- To act as the technical information collector/exchange forum on tree issues where citizens need coordination of information from varied sources.
- To clarify tree regulations that exist in the city's codes and ordinances and make them known to city residents.
- To act on referrals from the city commission.
- To guide the creation of a master tree plan for the city.
- To assist in the development of the goals and objectives for the city's comprehensive plan with respect to trees and to review proposed changes to the Land Development Code regarding tree and landscape regulations.
- To advise all departments of the city on tree issues.
- To communicate general tree information and develop tree projects that would benefit the community.
- To serve on the tree board of appeals (three of the five members will be recommended by the tree advisory board for appointment by the city commission).
- To determine species that qualify as high quality heritage trees, and to maintain a list of ratings that identify the relative value of trees in the urban forest for the purpose of calculating tree appraised value.
- To establish monetary values for trees as necessary to calculate tree appraised value, mitigation payment and other payments required for regulated trees.
|Meeting Dates (second Wednesday of every month)
As of August 2019, Tree Advisory Board meeting agendas are published to Legistar.
- January 9, 2017
- February 13, 2017
- March 13, 2017
- April 10, 2017
- May 8, 2017
- June 12, 2017 - Minutes
- July 10, 2017 - Minutes
- August 14, 2017
- September 11, 2017
- October 9, 2017 - Minutes
- November 13, 2017 - Minutes
- December 11, 2017 - Minutes
To request minutes from 2018, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 12, 2019 - Minutes
- February 13, 2019 - Minutes
- March 13, 2019 - Minutes
- No meeting in April
- May 8, 2019 - Minutes
- June 10, 2019 - Minutes
- July 10, 2019 - Minutes
- August 14, 2019 - cancelled due to lack of quorum
- September 11, 2019 - Minutes
- October 2, 2019 - Minutes
- November 13, 2019 - Minutes
- December 11, 2019 - Minutes
As of January 2020, Tree Advisory Board meeting minutes are published to Legistar. March, April, and June meetings were cancelled due to COVID-19. Meetings have since resumed via virtual teleconference.
|2020 Member List
- Erick Smith (Chair)
- Ivor Kincaide
- EJ Bolduc
- Jason Smith
- Marc Frank
- Ryan Klein (student)
Serve on the Board