Holiday Collection Schedule for City of Gainesville Residential Customers
There will be a one day delay in collection services for the remainder of the week for the following 2021 Scheduled Holidays:
- > Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Monday, January 18, 2021)
- > Memorial Day (Monday, May 31, 2021)
- > Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 25, 2021)
If your collection day occurs on or after one of the Scheduled Holiday listed above, your collection will be delayed one day for the remainder of that week following that holiday. ***For example, on a week with a Monday Scheduled Holiday, Tuesday's collections will occur on Wednesday, Wednesday's collections on Thursday, and Thursday's collections on Friday.
If a holiday is NOT listed above, services will occur as scheduled on your normal collection day.
Recycle Your Tree After the Holidays!
Prepare your holiday tree for collection.
- ✅ Remove all decorations (tinsel, ornaments, hooks, lights, etc.).
- ✅ Remove tree stands.
- ❌ No artificial or “flocked” trees.
Set your holiday tree out for collection as yard waste on your regular collection day. Keep your tree separate from your trash cart and recycling bins.
- Please note:
- > Natural wreaths can be recycled in yard waste containers if all decorations and wires are removed.
- > Artificial (fake) trees can be collected with bulk waste items. Artificial trees should be broken down into pieces if longer than five (5) feet in length.