Household Appliances (White Goods)
Household Appliances (white goods) are collected by appointment and separate from your weekly Bulk Item Pick Up service. Appliances are generally collected on the same day as your regular trash collection day. There are no additional costs for this collection service. Only residential homes serviced through the City of Gainesville's Residential Curbside Service Program are eligible for this service.
Collection Guidelines for Appliance Recycling Collection
- > Submit your appliance recycling collection appointment request by no later than 9 a.m. the day before your regular trash collection day. To submit your appliance recycling collection appointment request, call (352) 334-2330 or complete the online request form below.
- > Place your appliance curbside for collection by 7 a.m. on your regular trash collection day.
- > Allow at least 4 feet of clearance between your trash cart and any appliances set out for collection.
- > Remove or tape shut refrigerator and oven doors to prevent accidents from occurring.
- > Remove food and water from appliances before setting out for collection.
- > Do NOT puncture Freon tanks in refrigerators, freezers, or air conditioners.
- > Appliances collection appointments should be completed on your regular scheduled service day (same day as your trash day); however, some items may require additional handling and a return collection visit the following day.
Materials Accepted for Appliance Recycling Collection
- > Refrigerators
- > Freezers
- > Stoves & Ovens
- > Dishwashers
- > Washer & Dyers
- > Hot Water Heaters
- > Air Conditioners (window units only)
*Be sure to follow all collection preparation guidelines for Appliance Recycling Collection
PLEASE NOTE: Service requests received on your scheduled collection day or received after 9 a.m. the day before your scheduled collection day will occur on the following service week.