"Citizen-Centered Gainesville” is making the Thomas Center more welcoming and accessible. Starting December 27, 2016, renovations on Building B of the Thomas Center will begin. The scope of the renovations include both exterior and interior changes to the building.
Scope of Work:
For more information, please take a moment to view this presentation concerning the renovation work and how it will improve the customer and citizen experience at the Thomas Center.
The exterior changes include:
- Replacement of the existing exterior stairs on the eastern side of the building
- A new ADA accessible ramp at the main entrance of the building
- New handrails, guardrails, and landscaping
- Enhance connection to the Turtle Courtyard
The interior changes include:
- Renovation and redesign of the main building lobby
- An expanded and more functional customer service area for the Building Division
- Elevator and staircase maintenance