Welcome! An internship with the City of Gainesville Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department (PRCA) provides stellar opportunities for anyone wanting to be part of a forward-looking, innovative, people-centered and dynamic professional organization committed to the people we serve. Our program builds on your curriculum to provide you with relevant, resume-building experiences! Each year, our dedicated volunteers contribute hundreds of hours of their time to:
Administration ♦ Aquatics and Athletics ♦ Environmental Education at Morningside Nature Center and Living History Farm ♦ Clean-up our natural areas and creeks ♦ Development (grants and sponsorships) ♦ Hospitality ♦ Ironwood Golf Course Operations ♦ Marketing ♦ Performing and Visual Arts ♦ Special Events
Without them, we couldn’t do what we do. Because we have many diverse sites and provide such a wealth of programs, we can work with more than one student each semester, adding to the positive, affirming atmosphere PRCA prides itself on.
You can experience a career-building internship that is significant, stimulating and fun! Interested in volunteering?
- Fill out our Volunteer Services Application and Agreement form and email to PRCAvolunteer@cityofgainesville.org.
- Start your confidential background check only after you have met with staff and agreed on an assignment.
- We will review your application and may contact you to discuss options.
- Questions? Please call us at 352-393-8335.
- Specific training is provided for your assignments
We hope to see you soon!