Pop Warner Football & Cheerleading
The mission of Pop Warner Little Scholars is to enable young people to benefit from participation in team sports and activities in a safe and structured environment. Through this active participation, Pop Warner programs teach fundamental values, skills and knowledge that young people will use throughout their lives.
Pop Warner seeks to provide fun athletic learning opportunities for children, while emphasizing the importance of academic success. Specifically, Pop Warner seeks to familiarize players and spirit participants with the fundamentals of football, cheerleading and dance.
Attention Pop Warner Parents: the Pop Warner Cheerleading season is now slated to begin Tuesday, September 1, 2020.
Pop Warner Football program has been canceled.
Offered to boys ages 5-12. Practices are held during the week and games are played on Saturdays during the fall.
City residents: $111.00 (GRU bill or Voter's Registration card required for verification)
Non-city residents: $166.25
Offered to girls ages 5-12. Practices are held during the week and games are played on Saturdays during the fall.
City residents: $55.25 (GRU bill or Voter's Registration card required for verification)
Non-city residents: $81.75
Prices are effective June, 18 2020.
Registration closes Thursday, August 13, 2020.
- Registration packets can be picked up at the Thomas Center lobby and also at MLK Recreation Complex located at 1028 Northeast 14th Street, Gainesville, FL 32601.
- Please print out the information (registration packet and handbook) and read through it carefully and begin the paperwork process. Please make copies of birth certificates, report cards, etc.
- Completed Registration packets can be dropped off at the Thomas Center, Build. B Lobby (drop box) from 8a.m to 5p.m. You will be dropping paperwork off in a drop box and there will be no opportunity to make copies.
- Packets can also be dropped off at MLK Recreation Complex from Monday through Friday, from 8a.m to 7p.m.
- Please be sure that ALL DOCUMENTS are in your packet. If your packet is not complete, your child will not be registered and spot may be jeopardized until all paperwork is received.
If you need assistance or have any questions, you may call 352-334-5067 and someone will be glad to help you.
We will not be taking fees at this time. Fees will be collected later in August, all fees will be due before equipment handout on August 29, 2020.
Registration will require ALL required forms to be filled out correctly and completely. Please use the checklist provided in the packet to make sure you have everything.
2020 physicals have to be on a 2020 Pop Warner physical form and remember report cards for SBAC students can be printed out from the Skyward portal.
We are looking forward to a great season with some awesome participants!
Cheerleading parents handbook
Football parents handbook