Seeking nominations for the 2021 Michelle Park Family Recreation Scholarship
The City of Gainesville is seeking nominations for the Michelle Park Family Recreation Scholarship. The purpose is to provide a scholarship for one year to one City of Gainesville low-to-moderate income family, to participate in nature, recreation and cultural activities* (*some activities may not be available due to the current Covid restrictions). The scholarship enables a Gainesville family to take advantage of a year’s worth of events, programs, tours and more at no cost. One scholarship valued at $1,500, which can be used to enjoy activities such as:
After School Activities and Day Camps for school breaks and teacher holidays, for children age 6-12.
Download, Save and Complete the Family Recreation Scholarship Application Packet
- Family must be City of Gainesville residents and provide proof (GRU bill or voter registration card).
- Family must meet the criteria of the Alachua County School Board Free or Reduced Lunch Program and provide 2019 tax return and reduced lunch eligibility form.
- Family must be able to complete 20 volunteer hours during the award year or the following year.
Application Process: Applicant must submit the following items/forms. Final scholarship award selection will be made by the City of Gainesville Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs (PRCA) Department’s evaluation team.
- Completed application form with supporting documents: proof of ID, residency and income. If handwriting your application, please print legibly.
- One completed reference form from an individual not related to the applicant.
- Personal Statement: In your statement, please answer the following question: How would receiving this scholarship make a difference for your family? Statement is to be no more than one page typed or two pages handwritten.
The deadline for scholarship applications is Friday, December 18, 2020.
Applications can be emailed to Jenny McGovern, Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to:
City of Gainesville Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department,
PO Box 490, Station 24, Gainesville, FL 32627-0490.