The City of Gainesville Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department is accepting Special Event Additional Support (SEAS) Grant applications for the Fiscal Year 2020 grant period.
The purpose of the SEAS grant is to provide support to non-profit organizations for outdoor community events through in-kind services from the City of Gainesville.
• Organization must be a non-profit 501(c) (3) or government agency
• Mission and proposed special event must not conflict with the City’s goals, core programs and services.
• Event shall not have a religious or political purpose
• Event shall not promote the use of alcohol, tobacco products, illegal drugs or activities, gambling, or a sexually oriented business; or involve obscene or sexually explicit materials or content.
• Special event shall be free and open to the public.
• The event shall not involve or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, gender identify or sexual orientation.
The grant is awarded for a one-year funding period, Oct. 1, 2019 - Sept. 30, 2020. The application deadline is 5 p.m. Friday, March 15, 2019.
To review and download the grant program package and application, please visit http://www.cityofgainesville.org/ParksRecreationCulturalAffairs/ArtsCulture/Grants.aspx .
For additional information please contact Maxine Rushing, Grants Program Specialist, at email@example.com or 352-393-8528.