To rent one of our facilities, you may visit the Thomas Center, Building B, 3rd Floor, Office Number 307, located at 306 NE 6th Avenue, 32601, Monday-Friday, 8:00 am–5:00 pm. To expedite the process, you can bring with you the completed Facility Reservation Form. Reservation is confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- For more information on rentals please call 352-393-8538. Please review and complete the Facility Information Form and submit by Fax 352-334-3299 or by email to PRCAreservations@cityofgainesville.org.
- Please review the Facility Rental Guidelines.
- For facility availability, please visit our Activenet site.
** Times are subject to change by the City of Gainesville Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department for programs, holidays, and other department needs at any time. All City Facilities are closed on City designated holidays. The Centers will try to give as much notice as possible of changes but does not guarantee notice of changes to operational hours.
Printable Version of Rates & Rental Information
Note: New fees effective Oct. 1, 2017.
Park Reservations & Field Usage:
We receive countless inquiries regarding park usage and pavilion reservations. Our goal is to encourage everyone to keep us informed of intended park usage in order to alleviate conflicts by completing a Park Request Form adding your event to our calendar. Please note: All groups planning events do not always contact us, as our parks and pavilions are public facilities and are used on a first-come-first-serve basis and a conflict can still occur.
- We recommend if you are planning your child’s birthday party or a small gathering (30 people or fewer), that you arrive at your location of choice early and “claim” your spot, and submitting a park reservation form, although not required, it can still prove helpful. Our parks are highly used and host a large variety of events from birthday parties, family reunions, tournaments, weddings, awareness campaigns, fundraisers and 5K’s.
- For a large event, a fundraising event or any event where the following may be a component; an inflatable item (i.e., bounce house, bubble ball), pony rides, large tents (bigger than 10x10) or requesting clean-up staff, street closures, or Gainesville Police Officers, submitting the Park Reservation Form is highly recommended, as additional information will be needed and permits/fees may apply. Please read the Park Request Cover Letter. We want to ensure that your event runs smoothly, and that you are in compliance with City Ordinance No. 041020, Section 18-20, “Prohibited Activities” and that all necessary documents are in place. Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks for your park request to be processed. will need to be submitted to the Building Inspection Department at the Thomas Center, Building B, 1st floor. Additional documentation may be required once the park request is received and reviewed.
- If you plan to use city streets and/or sidewalks or if you are requesting a noise permit, you must ALSO contact Gainesville Police Department to complete a Special Event Permit application at 352-393-7520.
NOTE: The Park Reservation process does not guarantee a pavilion or designated space for your group. Our intent is to encourage everyone to keep us informed on intended park usage to help alleviate conflicts. The parks and pavilions are used on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Additional Requirements and Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions: Learn More
Inflatable Device (Water Inflatables are NOT allowed): Insurance is required from the inflatable rental company with the City of Gainesville listed as the “additional insured”, in the minimum amount of $1,000,000.00. The date and park location of your event must be present on the proof of insurance in order for it to be valid.
Horse and Pony Rides: A current Coggins report for each animal that will be on site is required, along with proof of liability insurance from the rental company with the City of Gainesville listed as the “additional insured”, in the minimum amount of $1,000,000.00. The date and park location of your event must be present on the proof of insurance in order for it to be valid.
Tents (larger than 10 x 10): A tent permit needs to be submitted to the Building Inspection Department at the Thomas Center, Building B, 1st floor. Office Hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm. For questions regarding this process, please call 352-334-5050.
Clean-up Staff: Once your park request has been received and processed, a cost estimate will be provided to you. If you accept the cost estimate, payment will be required prior to your event unless prior payment arrangements have been made.
Park Restrooms Hours: Learn More
Special Event Permit, Noise Permit, GPD Officers, Street Closures: You will need to contact the Special Event Coordinator with Gainesville Police Department at 352-393-7527 to determine what’s required for our event.
Pool Birthday Parties: Make your child's birthday special with our convenient and affordable pool party packages! Who doesn't want to make a splash on their special day? Learn More.
Swimming Pool Pavilion Rental: Booking a pavilion for a birthday party or special occasion? Learn More.
Recreation and Community Centers
Read more about each facility from the list below, if additional information is needed please contact our Administrative Office at 352-334-5067, Monday-Friday, 8:00am–5:00pm.