Small Business Application
Small and Service-Disabled Veteran Business Program
Local small businesses support the City of Gainesville's overall economic development and the City is committed to their success, growth and development. To help these businesses be more successful, the City has adopted the Small Business Procurement Program (SBPP). The program provides significant opportunities for qualified local small businesses to participate on a nondiscriminatory basis in all aspects of the City's contracting and procurement programs as well as providing other needed business services.
What does the Small and Service-Disabled Veteran Business Program offer local small business?
- Listing in City's Online Directory of Certified Firms
- Technical assistance in preparing bids
- Other resources and services to promote business growth
- Bid documents available at no cost
- New!! Business Visibility via Link Added to Bid Notices
- New!! Purchases more than $2,000 and less than $50,000 will now require three written quotes and require one of the quotes to come from a certified small and/or service-disabled veteran business, if they exist.
- New!! Procurement policy will now include points at the competitive level (above $50,000) if you are a certified small and /or service disabled veteran business (5% of total points).
Who are the ideal candidates?
- Be located within the corporate limits of the City of Gainesville
- Pay required Occupational License taxes
- Have less than 100 employees
- Have a net worth of less than $3 million and an average net income of less than $2 million (after federal income taxes, excluding carry-over losses). For sole proprietors, the $3 million net worth includes personal and business investments.
How to get your business qualified?
- Your Business's principal location with full-time employees must be located within the corporate limits of the City of Gainesville and have a valid Occupational License. Occupational License information: 352-334-5024
- Your business must meet the size requirements: Fewer than 100 employees and have a net worth less than $3 million and an average net income of less than $2 million.
- Complete the Small Business Application and return to the SBPP Office. Small Business Application
- On the form, you will need to identify commodity/services codes for goods and/or services your business provides. Please contact the SBPP office at 352-334-5051 for assistance with these codes.
- The City of Gainesville utilizes direct deposits for goods and services purchased from your company, please complete the Vendor Application available at http://www.cityofgainesville.org/budgetfinance.aspx as well as the Local Small Business Application and return to the SBPP Office.
For more information, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity at (352) 334-5051 or email: email@example.com