Gun Violence in Gainesville Telephone Town Hall
Gainesville City Commissioner Desmon Duncan-Walker is hosting a one-hour virtual town hall, Wednesday, Dec. 8 at 6 p.m. to lead a community dialogue on gun violence.
Commissioner Duncan-Walker will be joined by:
- Chief Tony Jones - Gainesville Police Department
- Dr. Paul Broadie - President, Santa Fe College
- Cynthia Curry - Interim City Manager
- Roxana Gonzalez - Interim Director Parks Recreation and Cultural Affairs
- Caleb Young - Reichert House Youth Developer
- John Alexander - Youth and Community Relations Bureau, GPD
- Sherriff Clovis Watson, Jr., Alachua County Sheriff’s Office
Panelists will discuss GPDs three-pronged approach to violent crime prevention and the role of neighbors in mitigating community crime.
Neighbors will be able to ask questions by dialing 1-888-410-3427 at the time of the event; Spanish speakers are invited to call 1-844-881-1317. Questions can be submitted through the Zoom chat feature during the event. Neighbors are invited to register in advance
for the town hall to receive an automated reminder call or the dedicated Zoom link for the event.