**The City of Gainesville remains committed to its neighbors and community builders. The health of our community is our utmost priority. Out of an abundance of caution and in our continued effort to ensure the safety and health of our neighbors and community builders, the Housing & Community Development office will be limiting in-person contact and community builders will be working remotely. If you need immediate assistance, please call Staff Specialist, Hillery Ray at 352-393-8618. We will continue to monitor this situation. Thank you for your patience and understanding. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.**
The Housing & Community Development Division (HCD) is a city agency which works to improve the quality of life for city residents and to revitalize neighborhoods by providing decent, safe affordable housing. The HCD also provides a variety of housing programs and services providing the foundation needed to aid in promoting homeownership and/or sustainable neighborhoods.Our mission is to offer a comprehensive housing program designed to improve the quality of life of the very low, low and moderate income citizens of the City of Gainesville.
- COVID Utility Relief Program (information and applications)
- COVID Utility Relief Program (notice of funding availability)
- Housing Action Plan Draft
- Draft Local Housing Assistance Plan 2020-2023
- Local Housing Assistance Plan 2017-2020
- Notice of funding availability for CDBG, HOME and SHIP programs