Operation C.A.R.E.: "Citizens Aiding in Response to Emergencies"
Gainesville Fire Rescue offers a series of community education classes including American Heart Association BLS, CPR, and First Aid for students, professionals, employees, and citizens of Gainesville and the surrounding area.
|Friends and Family CPR
||Free during EMS Week
|Heartsaver CPR (for non-professionals)
|Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers*
||$ 40 cost of book $15
|Heartsaver Plus (CPR, AED, and First Aid)
|Core Instructor Course
|Advanced Cardiac Life Support
||$ 175 (Offered quarterly)
|First Responder ( 40 hour course)
||$250 (As needed)
Disclaimer: The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS, and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association, and any fees charged for such a course do not represent income to the Association
*Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS), which covers adult, child, and infant CPR, as well as the use of an AED (automatic external defibrillator), is our most popular course.
Regularly scheduled classes are held on alternating Saturdays throughout the year.
BLS/CPR classes are held from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. First Aid class is offered afterward.
Registration hours are Mon - Thu 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. We are closed on Fridays. Payment by phone is accepted by calling 352-334-5024.
1. Register: Please fill out this registration form and mail to: Gainesville Fire Rescue, 1026 NE 14th Steet, Gainesville, FL 32601
Registration hours are Mon - Thu 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM. We are closed on Fridays.
2. Payment: Payment is accepted as follows:
- Mail check with registration, payable to City of Gainesville
- Credit card accepted by Phone at 352-334-5024
- Cash or check accepted at 1026 NE 14th Street
3. Attend: Classes are held at Gainesville Fire Rescue Training Bureau, located at 1026 NE 14th Street near Citizens Field and the MLK Center off of NE Waldo Road. To be admitted to class, all students must have a receipt confirming payment. Directions to the training bureau can be viewed here: maps.yahoo.com/b/place/
Class size is limited, so register well in advance. Also note, that if minimum attendance requirements are not met class will be rescheduled. Please contact GFR Training Bureau for space availability at 352-334-5075.
Cancellation policy: If you can not attend the class, you must notify us in advance to qualify for a refund. For a full refund, your class book must be returned unopened. Another option: With advance notice, you may either send someone in your place or you may reschedule. Without advance notice, all fees are forfeited.
Specific requests for on-site training can be scheduled and we can provide instruction at your facility based on your needs.