Rules and Regulations
Construction Notice: The Albert "Ray" Massey (Westside) Half-pipe has been removed; other ramp elements are still available for use. Please consider using Possum Creek Skate Park located on 4009 NW 53rd Avenue, or the Skate Park at Northeast Complex, 1100 NE 14th Street, right next door to the Northeast Pool. Please call 352-334-5067 with questions. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Recommended Safety Equipment: The City of Gainesville strongly urges all skaters, boarders, bikes and other participants to wear the following for their protection and to minimize injury: protective helmets, elbow pads, wrist pads and knee pads. All parents should require their children to wear protective equipment when using this skate park. Failure to wear protective euipment can and will expose users to bone fractures, concussions and other serious injuries up to and including death as a result of falling or collisions with others.
- Facility Recommendations and Guidelines: 1) Know your skill level and ability 2) Share equipment with other users when possible 3) Be patient and wait for your turn on the equipment 4) Be courteous to others 5) Brush any dirt off bike tires before using shared facilities 6) No cursing, yelling, fighting or obnoxious behavior 7) Protect this site from vandalism and graffiti and 8) Please place all litter in trash receptacles.
- Parents and Patrons: This skate park is for skate boarders, in-line skaters and BMX riders only! This is not a playground; no playing or sliding on any ramps.
- Warning: Use these facilities at your own risk. The skate park facilities are unsupervised and users assume all risks inherent with the use of them. Use of the facilities may result in serious injury or death. The City of Gainesville is not liable for any accident or injury to persons on the property resulting from the use of the skate facilities.
- Caution: The skate parks are all designed differently, therefore offering a variety of challenge levels for recreational purposes and to help develop skills. It is not possible to design and build a skate/bike facility without hard surfaces. The same hard surfaces that challenge the user also pose a significant risk of injury or death if the user falls.
- Participants under the age of 17: You must have a signed parental consent form on file with the City of Gainesville's Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department before you can use this skate park (per F.S. 316.0085 (5)(C). Participants with signed parental consent forms on file will be issued an identification card that verifies compliance with this requirement. Users of this facility under the age of 17 must have this identification card with them at all times while using this facility. Failure to produce the card when asked will result in your being asked to leave the skate park.
Consent forms and identification cards are available at the Administrative Office, located at 302 NE 6th Avenue. Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 7AM-6PM, closed on Fridays, weekends and holidays. You may pre-register oinline and pick up your identification card at our Administrative Office.
Our skate parks are open from dawn until dusk.