Starting July 6, 2021, the Department of Sustainable Development will resume normal operations from the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. If you have any questions, please call 352-334-5023 for the planning department or 352-334-5050 for the building department.
Our department's mission is to foster a dynamic, attractive and economically healthy city that is safe, diverse and livable for all. The Planning Division works to: Increase community livability and quality of life through the Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Regulations
- Increase community livability and quality of life through the Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Regulations
- Encourage development that incorporates quality urban design and protection of historic and natural resources
- Foster community dialogue and understanding of planning issues
- Ensure that development standards of the community are met with each development
- Collaborate with other agencies on planning issues
Have a question?