The City of Gainesville’s Land Development Code requires a permit and mitigation for the removal or relocation of any regulated tree. The amount of mitigation ranges from the standard mitigation (two – 15 gallon trees replanted for each regulated tree removed) to Tree Appraised Value. The size (diameter), species, and condition of the tree as well as the zoning and where on the property the tree is located, will determine the mitigation. Mitigation trees must be nursery-grown, at least 8’ tall (15-gal) and 1.5” in caliper, and Florida Nursery Grade #1. Trees removed without a permit require inch for inch mitigation or double the required mitigation if the tree was a heritage tree.
- Tree Removal Permit (to download, print and complete by hand) Permits can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com.
- List of Planned Developments
- Sec. 30-8.7; Permits for Tree Removal; Mitigation
- Sec. 30-8.8; Tree Preservation During Development and Construction
- Sec. 30-8.10; Gainesville Tree List
- Sec. 30-8.44; Violations, Enforcement and Penalty
- Sec. 13-171; Insects, Outdoor Storage, Trash, and Yard Maintenance (Hazardous Trees)
- Sec. 30-2.1 Definitions
Questions? Please reach us at:
Phone: (352) 393-8171
Location: Public Works Administration Building - 405 NW 39th AVE, Gainesville, FL 32609