UF Game Day Parking Special Event -
- Permits must be obtained at least 30 days prior to the first event
- Renters offering parking must provide a permission letter from the homeowner
- The fee is $55.25 before Sept. 30, 2017. On Oct. 1, 2017, the fee increases to $58.
- Applications are available online or can be picked up at the Code Enforcement Division, 306 NE 6th Ave., Gainesville, FL
- Paid parking is allowed only on special events, as designated by the City of Gainesville (currently home Gator football games and commencement ceremonies)
- Parking is allowed only on the day of the event starting at 8 AM and ending at Midnight, or 3 hours after the end of the event, whichever is last
- One temporary, on-site sign advertising parking is allowed
- All trash, signs and other items must be removed by 6 PM the day after the event
- Parking is allowed only on private property and shall not extend into any public area
- The permit must be displayed conspicuously throughout each event
Special Event Permits -
- Selling wares on Gator game days?
- Having a church parking lot sale?
- Selling fireworks for the 4th of July or for New Years?
- Having a St. Patrick's Day event?
- Having a car wash?
- Planning a tent sale?
- Not sure if a Special Event Permit is required?
Contact the Code Enforcement Division at (352) 334-5030 for information on Special Event Permits.
Conditional Special Events/Outdoor Sale of Alcohol During University of Florida Home Football Games (City Ordinance Sec. 30-67(g)(3) - contact Gainesville Police Department at 352-393-7527
Useful Special Event Forms