GNVCares provides grants to small businesses whose operations were curtailed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Apply for GNVCares About Businesses May 14-20!
Businesses with no more than 50 employees that operate within Gainesville city limits are eligible to apply for a one-time $5,000 grant to offset costs, such as rent and utilities. Businesses that have received “Payroll Protection Program” funds and/or “SBA Disaster Assistance in Response to the Coronavirus” funds are not eligible. Priority for financial assistance will be given to businesses that have made a good-faith effort to retain employees and/or have provided pay/benefits to furloughed employees.
- Business must be located in the City of Gainesville as of March 16, 2020.
- Loss in revenue due to public health restrictions
- Maximum of 50 employees
- Operations halted/curtailed by emergency orders
- Have current business tax receipt from the City of Gainesville
- Business has not received “Payroll Protection Program” funds and/or “SBA Disaster Assistance in Response to the Coronavirus” funds
- Business has no pending petition for bankruptcy protection
- Good faith efforts to provide pay/benefits to furloughed employees; retention of employees
- Local ownership
The application process for GNVCares About Business Emergency Grants will be through an online web portal. Applicants will be asked to provide responses to this series of guided questions:
- What the size and scale of your business?
- Is your business locally owned?
- How has the COVID-19 crisis and social distancing orders disrupted business and/or caused loss of revenue?
- How has the crisis impacted your ability to keep workers employed?
- If awarded the grant, how will you use the grant to re-hire and/or retain staff?
- Has your business received any other crisis related benefits, such as SBA Paycheck Protection Program?
Applicants will be required to upload verification documents:
- Driver’s license or related identification
- Pay stubs or payroll schedule
- Evidence of registration for Gainesville City Business Tax
**Si usted prefiere leer esta información en español, puede copiar y pegar el texto en el Traductor de Google (Google Translate) y elegir el idioma que prefiera utilizando el menú de este sitio web.**