Who We Are
The Office of the City Auditor is an independent Charter Office reporting to the Audit Committee of the City Commission. The City Auditor reports to the City Commission.
Our office provides audit and advisory services that are conducted in accordance with applicable Government Auditing Standards issued by the Comptroller General of the United States, and the Institute of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
Our team consists of internal auditors with various academic degrees, professional expertise, and professional certifications. We are required by our professional standards to continually improve our proficiency, effectiveness, and quality of services while maintaining active status of any credentials we may hold.
What We Do
Our Internal Auditors consider how management strategies and objectives align with the City's mission and values. We identify opportunities to make significant improvements to the City's governance, risk management, and control processes. We perform:
- Audit Engagements - We provide operational, financial, information technology, compliance and other types of audit engagements that evaluate current and emerging key risks and design and effectiveness of controls to mitigate those risks.
- Audit Issue Follow Up - A key value-add service for the organization is the remediation and closure of audit issues. Internal Auditors obtain sufficient evidence to validate and management's action plan has been implemented and is sustainable.
- Consultations - Internal Auditors provide advisory services that may include independent and objective evaluation of risks and models, evaluation of systems pre-implementation risks, and championing the establishment of enterprise risk management.
- Other Advisory Services - Our office budgets for management special requests that require minimal hours and which may be audit or non-audit services.
- Investigations - Our office manages the City's anonymous fraud hotline and conducts fraud investigations that may be reported through the hotline, from management, or directly to the City Auditor.
Submit Your Audit Ideas Here
Submit your audit ideas here
Activities of the Office of the City Auditor are reported at least quarterly to the Audit Committee and to the City Commission.