In cooperation with Prometric, the Building Inspection Department coordinates testing for Journeymen licenses in all construction trades.
How to Apply for Sponsorship
- You may come in person to pick up a journeyman application or print this. Journeyman Sponsorship App.pdf Please be specific with dates(month, day & year) of your previous employment, i.e. March 5, 2016 to January 2, 2017.
- You must come in person to return the application & pay the application fee of $33.25.
- Once your application is approved, you will then schedule your journeyman exam with Prometric. Once you pass we will issue out your license.
How to Renew
- To renew your license you will need to pay a renewal fee of $55.25. After December 31st of the renewing year you will have to pay a late fee & also the renewal fee.
- You can mail in a check with a self-addressed stamped envelope to this address: PO Box 490 Station #9 Gainesville, Fl 32627. You can also come in person to pay your renewal fee. We will then print out your new license that will expire in two years.