Want to do Business with the City of Gainesville?
- Read “Doing Business with the City of Gainesville, Florida” (under construction)
- Living Wage: The full text of the current living wage rate along with City Ordinance 020663 is available in the documents section for download. Ordinance 020663 is the original version, and Ordinance 030168 was drafted to correct a scrivener's error in the original version.
- Local Preference: The full text of the City ordinance 001261 pertaining to the Local Preference is available in the documents section for download along with Ordinance 050896 (amending Ordinance 001261)
- Get on the list of vendors:
- DemandStar - used for formal e-bidding by Procurement (effective immediately, we ONLY accept electronic bid responses uploaded to DemandStar). Hard paper copy responses are no longer accepted by Procurement! ***NOTE: The City of Gainesville has paid the DemandStar fee, so as of March 6, 2020, vendors can now download solicitations and upload responses for free! However, registration is still required.***
- GovQuote - used for obtaining quotes below the formal bid threshold (requires registration but there is no cost to bidders to either download the quote or upload quote response)
- Reach out to the Office of Equal Opportunity regarding the Small and Service-Disabled Veteran Business Program
- Use Vendor Guide (available in the documents section for download) to contact City Departments/Divisions
- If you have questions contact the Procurement Division at 352-334-5021
- Procurement Policy is available in the documents section for download
- THE CITY OF GAINESVILLE PAYS ONLY BY VISA OR EFT. To receive EFT payments from the City of Gainesville the Vendor Application must be completed and returned to the City department you are doing business with for processing. Vendor Applications are to be completed only if you are expecting a payment from the City of Gainesville.
View current bids handled by the Procurement Division.
The City of Gainesville voluntarily notifies potential bidders of current solicitations (within DemandStar) and is not responsible for notification failures. It is the responsibility of all bidders interested in doing business with the City of Gainesville to check for solicitations in DemandStar. Bidders are encouraged to register with DemandStar to ensure their contact information is current.
Click here for information on monthly vendor meetings. This time is set aside for vendors to come in and have face-to-face discussions with a procurement representative on how to do business.
Documents For Doing Business with the City of Gainesville
The following procurement-related links are provided as a convenience to users of the City of Gainesville's website. The City does not endorse any product, service, or group represented on any linked site, and cannot be held liable for the content of any site outside of the city's domain.
Links For Doing Business